Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peachy's First Camping Trip

Peachy had his first camping experience this weekend, and Blueberry had her 6th or so. Stanley and I had our 60-somethingth. It consisted of (but was not limited to):

  • high winds
  • lots of rain
  • oppressive heat
  • abundant sunshine
  • mosquitoes
  • dangling inchworms
  • butterflies
  • a ladybug
  • bumblebees
  • a hammock or two
  • the biggest tarp ever
  • good friends
  • good food
  • wine in the shower
  • general fun
  • periodic laughter

Now the kids are in bed, the camping stuff is unpacked, the laundry is going, and I should be showering but instead I am blogging. Dumb dumb dumbity dumb.

The hammocks were a hit with the kids, as always, and featured prominently in photo shoots.






Blueberry enjoyed swinging with her friends, whose pseudonyms escape me.



(That white pebbly thing is a yogurt-covered cranberry.)

Peachy spent a lot of time as a joey this weekend. He enjoeyed it. Ho ho ho. Here he is with our friend Kate*.


Our friend Lucy* with another of Blueberry's friends.



Enjoey your week! I.e., put your week in a skin pocket on your belly.

Who needs a good night's sleep? I do!

*Names changed.

6 comments:

Tanya Cothran said...

Yay! What a great trip and it's so fun to read the post-camping blog post. Hope you are showered and clean now - and that you had a good night's sleep. xoKate

Louise said...

Yay camping!! We had a great time with you guys. I asked Fiona what she liked the best about camping and she said it was the rain. Very exciting!

Tara said...

I just got back from a camping trip myself. All the wet and dirty gear is still in the bags and what am I doing? Reading your blog. The mess can wait til tomorrow. But I admit I did have a shower already. Love the pics! Your kids are adorable!

Amacrine said...

I am curious about the wine in the shower. Sounds like my kind of camping. The kid and I will start camping this summer - cabin - and be in a tent by fall. I will see if I can incorporate the wine in ths shower. Did I mesread that? And yes, the kids are adorable. tdenom tComit

Lois Rosewood said...

I think a log of bloggers would agree that often blogging beats showering.

Blueberry always seems happy hanging around with her friends . . . (pun intended)

luv always

Hazel said...

Amacrine, re: wine in the shower. Saturday night I indulged in a rare glass of wine. As soon as I took the first sip, I realized that I really really wanted a shower (oh the filth of camping with babies) and the kids weren't needing me at the moment. But alas, my wine! Surely an inchworm or similar will land in it if I leave it! As I writhed in agony on the ground over this dilemma, Lucy told me to take my wine to the shower. It then dawned on me that there is no reason one can't bring wine to the shower. And now I can highly recommend it. A tip: set your cup somewhere out of reach of water droplets. Or don't! Who cares??