Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stillness

Here's the kitchen floor with what was referred to on the swatch as "Blue Hue" but what turned turned out to be "White Fright".




No, that is not an abyss, it's the floor. We went through the swatches again and picked a color called "Stillness".





It looks lighter in the photo than in reality. Honestly, I thought it would be darker, but I'm still happy with it. We just finished coating it with polyurethane and we might put another coat of that down. I plan to add a 5' by 8' rug, probably sisal, and some accessories to bring in both paint colors. Compared to the original baby-poop brown, this is much less depressing, more light and airy, and almost beachy. But I don't want a beach theme. I live in Minnesota.

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

So you painted twice?
Voondebah!

Jasmine said...

lets try this again

Amacrine said...

Cool. Really.