Monday, June 9, 2008

Behold...

At long last, the elusive black-capped chickadee.

And before you can rub your eyes in disbelief, in a flash, he's gone.


I stayed home from work for weeks, glued to the window, just to get him on film.

Congratulations to Julie, who e-mailed me with the correct answers to yesterday's contest, the rules of which included guessing the correct number and species of the animals in one of the photos. Julie wins kudos, brownie points, and bragging rights. Well done Julie! Kudos! Brag away! I'm in contact with the Girl Scouts re: your brownie points!

The correct answers (as far as I know) were: Three. Mourning dove (bottom), house finch (feeder), and grey squirrel (lower right, only part of the tail is visible).

Update: The ferns are still alive.

6 comments:

Lois Rosewood said...

When I saw the answers to your "How many animals?" quiz, I thought, I could have guessed those! I know what they all look like!

Then I looked at the photo and realized I wouldn't even have guessed one! Being burned out from school may have something to do with it.

I took my final finals yesterday. Yes I'm really done now with school and homework!

"School's out for summer! School's out forever!"

I'm really done, at least with going to school full time. I've got more than enough school accomplishments now, even though all I have is a high school equivalency, a business-school diploma in accounting and computers, a certificate in medical office administration, and now a bachelor's degree in organizational communication with a marketing focus. Plenty for me to keep working out in the world.

My living expenses are so low I was able to actually save money based on the grants I received and the money I've earned from working part time at BayNVC. (They got reimbursed by a work-study grant.)

So I don't have to start working full-time right away. That's kind of nice. I can enjoy some sunny and calm days at the marina, and listen to the house finches and barn swallows sing.

Anonymous said...

do you get an e mail when someone comments?

Anonymous said...

Yes I do. I love getting those e-mails.

Anonymous said...

fraidbnr wabsnut bnan bacca
verificateeonnn

Anonymous said...

caodmque (all wavy and squished)

When you call me is says "unidentified caller", so I know it's you (red-haired sister).

Somehow I also know it's you when you leave an anonymous comment on my blog. I think it's your tone of voice.

Anonymous said...

is = it