Sunday, October 18, 2009

Accidental Blogger

Hi. I logged on to the blog to change the widget thingy on the right that shows a little fetus cartoon and the progress of the pregnancy. I wanted it to reflect the original due date, rather than the date suggested by the 20-week ultrasound, which was only five days different, and ranges in accuracy by a couple of weeks. I like having the due date a little later because I don't look forward to the due date coming and going with no baby; I'll be uncomfortable, waiting, possibly getting lots of questions as to whether the baby is here yet, etc. So the later the due date, the better.

Anyway, since I logged in, I thought I might as well update you on things. I don't have a good plan for what I'll write, and I really should be heading for bed soon. So this post will be a little incomplete by my own abstract standards. But here's my belly last Sunday:


I'm actually trying to suck it in. It doesn't suck in anymore.

The nursery preparations are under way and I'm pretty excited about it, and glad that it's moving along because I really, really would like it to be done and prepped and ready for an infant when Blueberry arrives. I've written before about this room, which is a dark, slope-ceilinged, long, narrow attic room which we had been using as our dressing room, when I attempted artistic adjustments to it to make it a more inviting dressing room and 2nd guest room. Stanley's parents came to visit a couple of weeks ago and helped us insulate the attic and crawl space around the room, which makes it more cozy, if only psychologically. They also helped us replace the ugly, old, low-hanging single light fixture in the center of the room with a row of three recessed lights going down the length of the room. AMAZING difference in the ambiance. It's incredible what improving the lighting will do for a room. I would post a picture but a) I'm lazy and b) I'll be posting pictures when it's completed. Stanley bought the paint today: Sawdust for the walls and Soft Cream for the ceiling. LITERALLY. Hee hee. The sawdust is kind of a buttery yellow. We also bought enough Soft Cream to paint the landing, stairway, main floor hallway, and mudroom (a.k.a. main floor bedroom that is being used as an entryway/litter box room).

I joined the hand bell choir at church. The director asked if I had played bells before and I said that I had in a past life and that I hoped it would ring a bell. Fellow bell choir members rolled on the floor laughing at my clever pun. Not really. The first two practices didn't go well for me; I felt lost most of the time and rarely rang the right bell at the right time. It was frustrating and mildly embarrassing. But the third time was the chime. Groan. I had a breakthrough; some synapses in my brain must have fired in some kind of synchrony because I finally got it. I got through a whole song with no mistakes. In full disclosure, this particular song only required me to ring the bell in my left hand once and the bell in my right hand three times, but I was able to follow the music and keep my wits about me like never before. It was awesome. The other song we practiced didn't go badly either. We've got our first performance Nov. 1st. I need to practice more than I do, but every time I get the sheet music out and start practicing, one of the cats walks across the music and sits on it and licks him/herself.

That reminds me that my method of ignoring Dale when he meows in the kitchen and giving him extra attention elsewhere seems to be working. Now he meows once or twice and then stops. It's such a relief.

But it's 11:43 and I've got some work to do in the morning, so I have to go to bed. TTFN

3 comments:

Amacrine said...

My bump could kick your bump's ass. hoter

Hazel Spupspe said...

Who are you calling a hoter? Let's have a bump-off.

Amacrine said...

Just giving you name suggestions. This time it is 'suradic'. Any day for the bump-off!