Sunday, October 9, 2011

First Pics of Peachy

Last week Hazel had her first ultrasound for this pregnancy. Unlike with Blueberry, Peachy gave us a good face and profile view:


Cute, huh? 

The ultrasound tech, like all medical techs I have ever met, said she wasn't allowed to say anything about what she saw, but did anyway. She said Peachy looks older than we thought by 5 weeks. I had suspected all along that this might be the case, due to various things, and stated this to the doctor and her assistant repeatedly, but my doctor was measuring her as due in mid February. So I feel justifiably smug.

We asked the tech to put the boy/girl image in an envelope, and the next day we left Blueberry with some dear friends and went out to breakfast. Stanley opened the envelope and announced that we're having a BOY!!!


That day the doctor left a message saying that everything looks healthy (HOOORAY!!!) and then sounded mildly flabbergasted as she told me the new estimated due date is January 9th. It must be frustrating for her.

Assuming the ultrasound measurements are accurate, I'm happy to have more of the pregnancy over than I thought. I totally skipped my 5th month of pregnancy. Actually heading into the third trimester. Hard to believe. He could even be here for Christmas!

In other news, we're shopping for a car (minivan or station wagon) and it will be so nice to have more space than our 2-door Civic currently offers.

We are all doing well. Hope you are, too! Let me know.

3 comments:

Lois Rosewood said...

Yay! Whoopie!

Thank you for posting his first pictures.

Giggles Murkowski said...

A BOY!!! Congratulations!!

Tanya Cothran said...

So glad to hear that he's healthy! And congrats on that 5th month disappearing into thin air! I hope he's born on the 3rd. :)