Thursday, September 18, 2008

Time


I don't have much time, because Stanley is on his way home, and he's had a tough week so he would like to have a martini waiting for him when he gets home, but I wanted to let you know about a feature I have added to the blog that is going to free up a lot of your time. I know you spend hours hitting the "reload" button on my blog to see if I've posted something. If you enter your e-mail address in the box on the right, you'll get a message in your inbox when I post something. If I post more than once in a day, you will only get one message for that day. If I don't post that day, you won't get a message. I haven't tested it out but it should work.

Something exciting happened to me today. Basil*, my best, closest, most inseparable, friend from kindergarten through 8th grade, whom I had not had contact with since age 15, which makes 21 years, despite several attempts to find her on the Internets, SENT ME A MESSAGE ON FACEBOOK! She wasn't sure if it was me. I'm so glad she tried anyway. Here is her message, with some details changed:
"My name is Basil Halifax Tuesday and I am sorry to bother you, but I am looking for an old classmate of mine. Her name is Hazel Grant. When I typed in the name your name n pic came up. We attended ________ school together from kindergarten - 8th grade. If this is you I would love to hear from you. If this is not you very sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks, Basil"

I am so fricking excited. I can't wait to find out how her life turned out. I had sort of given up on ever getting in touch with her again.

So should I reply? Just kidding! I replied. Haven't heard back yet. It looks like she's new to Facebook so I hope she gets my reply.

It's martini time! Let me know if you have issues with the e-mail notify thing.

No comments: