Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

1. Three things that irritate you about people.

  • Hypocrisy, especially in elected leaders. Irritating.
  • Vague, scary pronouncements, particularly in Facebook status updates. E.g., "nothing like a trip to the emergency room to make you appreciate our health professionals!". Or, "I'm so sad right now." Irritating. I care, and I'm thinking of you, but have a little respect and help me out with some more info, or just keep it to yourself.
  • Making a REALLY big deal about their own birthday. I mean REALLY big. Throwing yourself a party - that's great. I don't mind that. I did it once, for my thirtieth. I like to think it shows initiative, independence, and joie de vivre. But referring way in advance to the upcoming day, celebrating your "birthweek" with daily activities, and requiring things of your friends with consequences for non-compliance - irritating. Especially when the upcoming birthday cannot be referred to as "the big (number between 1 and 10) oh".

This is a really negative question, so I'm going to list three things I admire as well: authenticity, generosity, and a good sense of humor.

3 comments:

Louise said...

I am really looking forward to reading your daily answers! Great first question! Number 2 also really irritates me.

Tanya Cothran said...

I also felt really negative after writing my answer to the post- especially since this was the first post for the series! I like your idea to post positive things. I'm going to go back and add those now!

Amacrine said...

Yea! I am doing this, too. Blatantly copying you. Blatant. perear